This resume has been forwarded to you at the request of Monster User xnerx03 pulled, emailed l3 me
Last updated: 05/24/14
Job Title: no specified
Company: no specified
Rating: no specified
Screening score: no specified
Status: no specified
Greenbelt, MD 20770
Quick View Links:
Resume Headline: Sr. Engr. – Sean O’Brien Resume Value: 4tf8asrnkzd9xm8q
Sean O’Brien – Sr. Engineer
(240) 381-3670 –or- (301) 486-1402
firstname.lastname@example.org -or- email@example.com
Creative, project-oriented engineer with over 20 years of management, design and analysis experience. Highly innovative problem solver. Extensive experience with consumer, industrial, automotive and Defense development as engineer, manager and technical director. Active Secret clearance. Exceptional skills in:
• Mechanical Design
• Project & Program Management
• Vendor Management and Development, domestic & international
• 2D & 3D CAD
• Finite Element Analysis
• Acoustics & Vibration
• Team Building & Leadership
• Test & Qualification
Meggitt Sensing Systems, Germantown, MD 2011 – 2014
Senior Mechanical Engineer & Project Manager
Managed design and development of new sensor systems for Industrial and Military Customers
• Team Leader for Mechanical Engineering – managed work of department: 3 engineers and 1 technician.
• Technical lead on numerous concurrent sensor projects, both industrial and military.
• Successfully managed multiple military aerospace and marine sensor qualification projects and internal R&D projects, including key sensor systems for a Navy helicopter program worth $1.6M to the company with a sales life of 20+ years.
• Led project to develop new high-temperature sensor that improved maximum temperature performance by 40% with only a 10% increase in cost.
• Designed new components and systems for Navy using CAD, FEA and materials research to satisfy tough weight and performance targets.
• Project manager and technical lead for innovative hand-held portable electromagnetic shaker that could drive 3x as many frequencies and 20% more weight than competition for same retail price.
• Developed proposals and designs for wearable blast sensors for monitoring warfighters’ health that utilized proprietary technology and was thinner and lighter with better performance than competing sensors.
• Designed new test & measurement systems: One that tested 10 million combined mechanical and thermal cycles for military sensors; Another saved $10k per test by internalizing tests previously done at outside facilities.
• Wrote and edited patent applications for the Maryland division, including 1 granted. Analyzed and advised Sr. Management on competitors’ patents for prior art.
• Instrumental in filling 5 open positions in company, both permanent and contract.
Polk Audio, Baltimore, MD 2002 – 2011
Senior Engineer & Technical Director
Developed audio systems and subsystems for Polk products
• Managed all technical aspects –acoustical, electromagnetic, mechanical- of transducer development for all Polk products; Had significant input on 95% of Polk’s product lines.
• Technical director for multiple simultaneous projects.
• Lead development of automotive systems including Signature Reference, Mobile Monitor and DXi that were responsible for over 90% of company’s sales in mobile loudspeaker market.
• Instrumental in developing new test methodology, tone-burst testing, that is now an industry-wide test and which delivered significant improvements to product durability including doubling the life of subwoofers.
• Developed extensive foreign suppliers and sub-suppliers; Directed them in designing, building and testing products for Polk, including troubleshooting performance and process functions on sight.
• Integrated product lines from merged division into Polk’s development process and improved performance of those product lines while handing them off to new vendors.
• Performed all FEA work, including acoustical, electromagnetic and thermal
• Developed and maintained measurement systems, including laser-based transducer tests systems that allowed for new testing methodologies.
• Created simple-to-use spreadsheet based tools that Engineering used to accelerate development work.
• Managed work of 1-3 technicians.
U.S. Patent & Trademark Office 2001 – 2002
• Specialized in examining patents relating to internal combustion engines and medical devices.
Walker Electronic Silencing,
Division of Tenneco Automotive, Linthicum, MD 1999 – 2001
Created and developed cutting-edge active noise control systems for domestic and foreign automotive and industrial customers
• Managed development of key subsystems and integration of electronic exhaust systems, including electronic hardware, software, and transducers.
• Improved durability of system by a factor of 10
Noise Cancellation Technologies, Inc., Linthicum, MD 1996 – 1999
Lead Product Engineer
Developed new and modified existing home, professional, aeronautical and automotive products to maximize acoustical performance
Onkyo America, Columbus, IN 1995 – 1996
Cost-effective transducer and system design for automotive OEMs
Harman-Motive, Martinsville, IN 1991 – 1994
High-performance transducer designs for premium OEM audio systems
• M.Sc. Engineering Management, The George Washington University, DC
• B.S. Acoustical Engineering, Purdue University, W. Lafayette, IN
• Project Management, including Earned Value Analysis
• Systems Engineering
• Multiple CAD/CAE Systems (Inventor, Pro/E, AutoCAD, others)
• Finite Element Analysis (COMSOL, ANSYS)
• Forklift operation
• Secret Clearance
• Passed EIT
• One patent awarded (#6,142,254)
Additional Info BACK TO TOP
Current Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Date of Availability: Immediately
Work Status: US – I am authorized to work in this country for any employer.
Active Security Clearance: Active Secret
US Military Service:
Citizenship: US citizen
Target Company: Company Size:
Target Locations: Selected Locations: US-MD-Prince George’s County
Willingness to travel: Up to 25% travel