QA/ Applications and Software Testing Engineer
Experienced Drilling/Operations Analyst seeking a challenging position in an established Oil and Gas and/or
Stafford, TX 77477
QA/ Applications and Software Testing Engineer Halliburton Inc Houston, TX
December 2014 to December 2015
Work with QA Leads to complete test planning tasks and executions for Statoil. (HAL Insite, WITSML,
Apache Cassandra DB, Storm UI, Kafka, Google Postman, WAPI entitlements and Zookeeper Applications).
• Work and Collaborate with offshore automation testing teams in India and Vietnam.
• Create and update manual and automation test scripts.
• Work independently as well as in team environment to accomplish tests executions/bugs identifications.
• Participate in all testing/execution phases including UAT and SME testing.
• Attend weekly, sometimes daily, meetings with the project onshore and/or offshore management teams.
Drilling Analyst II Baker Hughes Beacon Global Services
October 2010 to September 2014
Setting up, monitoring and controlling upstream real time data operations for Chevron wells in the Baker Hughes – Beacon center for Chevron North America/South America/Asia/ Europe business units.
• Manage and update drilling business unit’s website, performance spreadsheets and databases.
• Provide resolutions to MWD/LWD teams and Mud-loggers on the well site operations and connections and create tracking incidents using the Beacon Enterprise standard tracking system for outstanding complex issues.
• Perform daily updates of Beacon and Chevron reports in a business admin role; including rig site morning reports, router report and JCD reports and upload to share point server for management overview.
• Create and assist in presentations (PowerPoint, Word, and Excel) for Baker and Chevron management.
• Compile weekly and monthly operational reports for management. Track Incident action items and input into Remedy/IMS ticketing database.
• Coordinate with the Infosys Support and Kongsberg Support team (Norway) for any outstanding complex issues with Baker Hughes Direct website, WITSML and Real Time systems.
• Strive for a timely resolution during bug testing and software installation phase on rig-site applications and databases.
• Collaborating with Baker and Chevron Business Administrators to create, test and release next phase of work flows and documentations.
• Diagnosis and testing of various applications (including next phase of Apple real-time app integration) before release and project management of various assignments as per Chevron/Baker senior management.
• Chevron In house work experience as a drilling technologist to work alongside drilling support managers and operations engineers resolving daily applications and QA/QC issues.
Beacon Geo Technician III Baker Hughes Beacon Global Services
November 2007 to October 2010
Monitor Live Well Uploads for completeness and accuracy.
• Ensure all uploads are to the correct Well, Field, Client Company and ensure Groups Entitlements are accurate.
• Distribution Lists -Uploading, verifying and maintaining distribution lists as specified by Sales Reps/Account Managers.
• Process all Emails in WellLink Data Services Inbox.
• Assist Field Engineers/Personnel with upload and explaining the functionality offered on the Baker Hughes website.
• Register / Authorize users to access Baker Hughes Direct/WellLink for data access.
• Create and manage Groups. Grant, manage and remove Group Entitlements.
• Create Livewire Wells and manage entitlements when requested. Monitor all Livewire transmissions.
• Request New or existing Company SAP E-Business Flags as necessary and follow new or updated policies per management.
• Actively continue ongoing training in any new function added to BHD or WellLink.
• Archive wells using SQL database application, UNIX and Win Archive tool. Assign proper entitlements to the wells.
Assistant Manager Shaan Motors Karachi
December 2005 to October 2007
Running daily operations in an administrative assistant role for the family owned automobile business.
Financial Analyst American Financial Mortgage Marketing Inc
December 2004 to December 2005
Gathering and recording client information and data.
• Financial and accounting statement analysis for the clients.
• Office work, credit pulling for client and preparation of documents for commercial and property loans.
• Helping loan officers in dealing with financial institutions and banks for loan approval.
• Coordinating with title companies for closing of the deals.
Service Desk Analyst II Getronics Houston
April 2002 to November 2004
1. Resolving issues with Outlook e.g. mailbox full and emails setup, creating PST folders, Outlook web access, OST issues, adding PAB files, calendar and meeting scheduling and setups, adding and removing delegates etc.
2. Supporting several application systems including Hyena, Dame ware, Shadow, Citrix (terminal Server Desktop) MS Office and Internet/Extranet.
3. Subject matter expert (SME) for call quality and ticket routings. Coordinating with Level 2 (admin/engineering support teams) regarding system wide errors, global issues and updating KEWA (online company tutorials for new hires) for contract quality control.
MBA Management Information Systems University of Karachi
BBA Computer Information Systems/ Finance University of Houston