Designated Hazardous Materials Coordinator
Designated Hazardous Materials Coordinator – YRC
Valparaiso, IN 46383
Designated Hazardous Materials Coordinator YRC Chicago Heights, IL
April 2015 to Present
Chicago Heights, Il – April 2015 to present.
Hired, trained, scheduled, and oversaw activities of 100 employees involved in drop and hooks along with dock moves.
. Designated Hazardous Materials Coordinator; directly responsible for performing all hazardous waste cleanups.
.Trained and coached hazardous response team.
LINE SUPERVISOR NIPSCO Valparaiso, IN
January 2009 to April 2015
• Strong supervising experience in distribution management
• In-depth knowledge of Distribution operations and merchandise flow
• Solid understanding of developing and implementing process improvements
• Good understanding of supervisory approaches for work direction, performance management, and disciplinary action
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Amazing ability to adapt altering organizational and functional needs
• Outstanding ability to work across multiple functions and disciplines
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong organization, time management, prioritization skills
• Ensured materials and goods are available to meet customer demand.
• Established and modified operational methods and procedures.
• Maintained documentation and prepared reports which reflect the effectiveness and efficiency of department
• Managed subordinates in the achievement of goals and objectives.
• Established and recommended changes to policies to improve the organization.
• Managed the coordination of activities within the department with responsibility for costs, methods, and employees.
• Ensured health, safety and cleanliness of the work environment.
• Oversaw inspection and maintenance of equipment is done on a regular basis.
• Optimized transport route to minimize cost.
• Ensured raw materials and finished products are timely received and delivered.
• Minimized production costs.
• Ensured disciplined and safe work environment.
• Provided timely services
Line Supervisor NIPSCO Valparaiso, IN
March 2008 to January 2009
Valparaiso, IN – March 2008 to January 2009
This position directs and prioritizes the scheduling of work and allocation of all resources to ensure timely and reliable service to customers in accordance with the corporate business plans. Aa a scheduler I was
responsible for optimizing personnel and other resources for a significant portion of Local electric and gas
Distribution Company field operations.
• Resource optimization
• Safe, efficient operations in compliance with all mandated government regulations and Company policies/
• High performance work teams
• Strong operational partnerships
• Results that meet or exceed business plans/operational goals
• Lead the planning, prioritization, and direction of work and resource allocation for a significant portion of the
LDC’s field operations, including labor, materials and equipment.
• Analyze and implement work load level and company/contractor decisions to enable effective resource
allocation to ensure budgetary goals are met
• Responsible for issue identification, tracking and resolution both internally and externally
• Determine the impact and significance of obstacles/changes in execution of the work plan, prioritize and solve as appropriate
• Responsible for work direction of clerical and assigner resources on an on-going project basis and actively
participate in performance management process
• Identify opportunities for improvement to procedures, processes and/or personnel based on data.
• Develop a proposed solution and partner with the appropriate manager/field leader to implement enhanced
• Partner with Planning, Operations, Engineering, Procurement, and material handling to anticipate
requirements necessary to meet customer expectations and the business plan.
• Define and participate in the achievement of short and long-term corporate business objectives
• Responsible for partnering with Engineering, Planners, and Field Leaders on work preparation as appropriate
based upon financial implications, compliance issues and availability of resources
• Collaborate with field leadership in the identification and resolution of productivity or performance issues of field resources
• Identify, propose and support work management system improvement opportunities
• Understand internal and external customer needs and ensure solutions are developed to address
OPERATIONS MANAGER Roadway Express Inc
January 2004 to March 2008
Assume total responsibility for day-to-day operations of largest facility consisting of 600 dock doors, 3500
trailers, with 8 million pounds of freight daily.
– Provide management and training support to 125+ unionized dock employees including 10 supervisors and a clerical staff of 30.
– Experienced in strategic planning including long and short term forecasting and budgeting; successfully
keeping costs in line and ensuring performance goals are met.
– Knowledgeable of all DOT rules and Regulations
– Involved in forecasting, processing bids, monitoring inventory, ordering supplies, and writing daily dock status
– Conduct weekly safety meetings and monthly presentations to corporate management and dock personnel.
– Instrumental in improving on-time product deliveries as well as reducing monthly claims and number of tractors used by creative scheduling.
Lead Supervisor Roadway Express Inc
January 2002 to January 2004
Supported management in overseeing activities of 120 dock personnel and 12 supervisors.
– Hired, scheduled, and trained all personnel.
– Continuously involved in improving fleet management and optimizing loading process while meeting and exceeding all corporate goals.
Front Line Supervisor Roadway Express Inc
January 1997 to January 2000
Scope of responsibility included supervising and training 120 employees in the production, service, and safety
– Collaborated with operations staff to evaluate, troubleshoot, and resolve customers concerns and/or problems.
Purdue University Calumet
Highland High School
To contact this candidate email firstname.lastname@example.org