Design Engineer (Coca-Cola Freestyle machines) – Pyramid INC (The Coca-Cola Company
email@example.com | 706-495-6524
Newnan, GA 30265
• 13 years as a Design Engineer.
• Progressively responsible experience in engineering design of electric power generator set with diesel engine, electromechanical sub-systems, electronic wiring harness designs and experience with transit bus structural designs.
• Responsible for design, implementation, installation, verification and bill of material management associated with assigned projects. Worked with external and internal customers, project managers, production administrators, team leaders, assemblers, and outside suppliers to construct, enhance, and refine designs.
• Approved and performed design modifications to incorporate cost effective features that facilitate unit production and maintenance. Performed research incidental to designs.
• Prepared and participated in design reviews and other detailed activity status reports as directed. Utilizing Pro/Engineer (Creo 2.0) as a primary design tool.
Design Engineer (Coca-Cola Freestyle machines)
Pyramid INC (The Coca-Cola Company – Atlanta, GA
July 2015 to Present
Atlanta GA 7/15 – Present
Design Engineer (Coca-Cola Freestyle machines)
• Generate new and modify existing 3D models and 2D drawings for new products in Creo 2.0 by working closely with engineers on their concepts and changes
• Generate solid models and detailed drawings in Creo by following Design & GDT standards, as well as absorbing and complying with the Design Standards of the department
• Document engineering changes in Creo and roll those changes up into assemblies; Develop bill of material (requires understanding of working with Windchill WT Parts)
• Work with Change Tasks as part of the ECN process
• Checks the work of self and others to ensure Change Tasks are completed accurately, and there are no errors on the 2D Drawings or in any of the CAD or WT Part Attributes. Ability to comply with drawing standards.
• Preparation and checking piping design basis, piping specifications & standards.
Caterpillar Inc – LaGrange, GA
December 2014 to July 2015
CAT Forest Products Headquarters)
• Proficiency with Pro/E tools and hydraulic system design, hose routing and hydraulic component placement and integration.
• Assist with New Product Introduction (NPI) via the development of an overall machine configuration by creating Pro/e (and/or Visualization) machine models and analyzing various configuration options.
• Develops and maintains the overall machine BOM and weight spreadsheet.
• Performs machine interference checks and manages resolution with service providers
• Conceives product design concepts and prepares design layouts of systems and major components by manual means or by using a computer graphics system
• Performs serviceability and safety assessments
• Develops shipping configurations for both road and rail shipping.
• Designs and releases upper level machine arrangements and groups required in the BOM
• Support current products by maintaining model quality, resolving piece part/group queries, supporting Marketing sales support requests.
• supporting Product Health in quality issue resolution, and providing factory rapid response support
• Gather relevant information, compare and contrast data, identify relationships and predict performance
• Evaluate new products, processes, or systems
• Must have ability to communicate effectively with team members and others in the work group,
• as well as employees in other units, customers and suppliers.
• Provides technical leadership to Manufacturing, Quality, Purchasing, Marketing, Sales, Service and other departments to solve the more difficult problems
• Provides guidance to Assemblers and Test Engineers during product build-up and testing
Structural Engineer (Structural/Shell Group)
North America Bus Industries (NABI) – Anniston, AL
June 2013 to October 2014
• Design, develop and document Bus structural components utilizing Pro/E (Creo 2.0) as design software.
• Strong working knowledge of how to create robust piece part and assembly models, how to create model configurations, piece part drawings, assembly drawings and bills of materials
• Identify root problem cause and document revisions/upgrades to current processes including revising and making Engineering change notices (ECN).
• Work with cross-functional development disciplines to ensure the overall product development design and performance objectives are met
• Support the manufacturing of precise assemblies, participate in process development teams and improve processes.
• Consult with research and other engineering personnel and prepares design modifications as required and also to clarify or resolve problems and develop designs.
• Troubleshoot production issues, and perform Root-Cause and Failure Analysis of mechanical systems
• Working knowledge of ASME Y14.5 Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance and ASME Y14.100 Engineering Drawing Practices
• Extensive experience of PTC Windchill 10.1 product lifecycle management software.
Electrical Design Engineer (CAT ELECTRONICS
Caterpillar Inc – Mossville, IL
November 2011 to June 2013
Electrical & System Integration)
• Creating 3D routed harness data file utilizing Creo 2.0(Pro/Engineer) Cabling and Routed System Designer (RSD).
• Creating harness detail and installation drawings including 2D flat harness drawings from the 3D harness data.
• Design wiring harnesses for Large mining trucks (LMT) including Cabs, Transmissions, and machine application using Pro/E cabling.
• Provide assistance during wiring harness installation audits and prototype/pilot build.
• Knowledge of electrical components and their function in electrical systems.
• Completes designs from beginning to end: including concept development, review, detailed design, documentation, verification and validation of simple sub-systems.
• Utilizes advanced modeling and analysis tools to develop product specifications, models, simulations, technical data packages and integration/verification procedures.
Mechanical Design Engineer
Caterpillar Inc – Griffin, GA
April 2003 to June 2010
Electric Power Division)
• Drawings: Proficient in the use of Pro-E (or equivalent 3D modeling tool) for design/development of sheet metal parts, including drawing updates, modeling, release, Bill of material, and approving of all component parts and assemblies of all productivity initiatives.
• Project Management – Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Ensure that all milestones and deadlines are being met. Work cross-functionally with multiple areas in the business including sourcing, quality, engineering, packaging, and operations.
• Conduct design reviews as well as the Design and Process Failure Mode Effect Analysis (DFMEA, PFMEA) sessions to Identifying project risks and developing response plans.
• Completed Base (chassis) design and modifications for implementation on the C32 generator sets.
• Managed and designed support systems for air/fuel/water lines to enhance cooling system of generators sets.
• Developed prototypes for performance testing to meet product specification.
• Working knowledge of ASME y14.4M geometric tolerance standards, including complete analysis of tolerance stack ups for critical high risk areas of the design
• Worked as shop liaison, responded and troubleshoot all shop issues on the factory floor on a time.
• Managed all assembly issues for C27, C32 and 3412 platforms of generator sets as primary contact.
• Extensive knowledge of CAT systems such as, TeamCenter, REDI, HVC, UGC, CRIS, SAP, TMI.
Augusta Technical Institute – Augusta, GA
Relevant Skills & Training
• Pro/ENGINEER (CREO 2.0 +) (25,000+ hrs.), Solidworks, AutoCAD, TeamCenter Engineering PLM, Windchill PLM, 6-Sigma DMAIC Green Belt, Microsoft software, PPAP.
To contact this candidate email firstname.lastname@example.org