THEODORE R. PAULSON
SUMMARY: Engineer highly skilled and experienced in mechanical design, 3D CAD (Solidworks), plastics molding,
sheet metal and machined parts, testing, electronics integration and enclosure design, prototyping, AutoCad,
schematic capture and PCB design.
EDUCATION: BACHELOR OF ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY, Southwest State University, Marshall, MN
SENIOR DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER: Checkpoint, Chaska, MN Jun. 2004 – Nov. 2012
Coordinated the Development of new and innovative video surveillance products for the retail industry.
Collaborated with management, staff, sales, and outside contractors to successfully develop and produce new,
economical and industry-changing products.
Interactive Public View Enhanced Monitor™
• Integrated high quality audio, network connectivity, and a wireless RF link.
• Created Customization options to aide sales in reaching new customers.
• Mechanical layout of enhanced interface printed circuit board.
Interactive Public View Monitor™
• Sole designer of internal features, EMI/RFI shielding, heat management and structural support.
• Collaborated with an outside industrial design firm, implemented and coordinated an injection molded
plastic enclosure tooled in China, and transferred tool successfully to Minnesota for final production.
• Mechanical layout of the controller and interface printed circuit boards.
Wireless RF merchandise monitoring system
• Designed custom injection molded, vacuum formed, and thermal formed plastic enclosures.
• Mechanical layout of the system’s printed circuit boards.
DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER: Checkpoint, Eden Prairie, MN Jun. 1999 – Jun. 2004
Developed new and innovative video surveillance products for the retail industry. Supported the manufacturing of
legacy video surveillance products.
Advanced Public View Monitor ™
• Using AutoCAD LT created the original concept prototype and first generation mechanical design.
• Using Solidworks designed four additional versions of the monitor’s sheet metal enclosure.
• Created a prototype of an environmentally sealed outdoor version.
• Designed a custom enclosure for a small size high quality speaker. Optimized the enclosure design with a
small in-house acoustic testing chamber.
Discreetly activated 35mm camera system
• Selected and modified a 35mm Camera for remote activation.
• Created a new enclosure with sound absorbing and dampening characteristics.
• Redesigned the system control and interface assembly.
• Managed the changes to the operational features with outside contractors.
High speed pan tilt zoom video surveillance system
• Redesigned the exterior enclosure to stop water ingress.
• Managed redesign of the Pan bearing assembly for cost reduction and product reliability.
• Preproduction evaluation of all system assemblies for cost reduction and product reliability.
• Managed FCC certification of all system assemblies.
THEODORE R. PAULSON
SENIOR DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER: Checkpoint Jun. 2004 – Nov. 2012
DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER: Checkpoint Jun. 1999 – Jun. 2004
SUPPORT ENGINEER: Checkpoint Jun. 1997 – Jun. 1999
ENGINEERING AIDE to Engineering VP: Alarmex, Checkpoint Jun. 1992 – Jun. 1997
ENGINEERING AIDE: Alliant Techsystems Aug. 1990 – Jun. 1991
ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN: Honeywell, Alliant Techsystems Sep. 1988 – Aug. 1990
• Development: New development of video surveillance products
• Design: Electromechanical, Plastics molding, Sheet metal, Machined parts
• Manufacturing: Process control, Troubleshoot, Quality
• Sustaining: Support legacy products
• Mechanical: Frames, Mounts, Motion, Vibration, Acoustics, Packaging
• Prototype: Electronic circuits, Sheet metal, Machined parts
• Electronics: Prototype, Troubleshoot, Digital, Analog, Audio, Video
• PCB layout: Initiate and coordinate PCB design
• Technical writing: Procedures, Specifications, Instructions
• Documentation: CAD Drawings, Schematics, BOM, ECN
• Computer applications: Solidworks, AutoCAD LT, Protel, Word, Excel, Freehand
• Customer support: Instruct, Troubleshoot
• Interpersonal relations
• Problem solver
• Quality oriented
• Detail oriented
BACHELOR OF ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY
Southwest State University, Marshall, Minnesota
UNITED STATES AIR FORCE
Ground radio electronic equipment repair technician
Available upon request