This resume has been forwarded to you at the request of Monster User xnerx03 pulled and emailed for l3 me
Last updated: 01/31/16
Job Title: no specified
Company: no specified
Rating: no specified
Screening score: no specified
Status: no specified
Danbury, CT 06811
Contact Preference: Email
Quick View Links:
Resume Headline: Sr. Mechanical Engineer Resume Value: yjpqa2iq92xnstyu
Mechanical Engineer, U.S. Citizen. P: 240-463-8152. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Objective: Seeking a full time Mechanical engineering position in a growth-oriented organization which offers challenging and diverse job responsibility.
Engineering professional with analytic and experimental techniques to solve engineering problems. Experiences in automotive, aerospace and Industrial automation companies. Expertise in researches and development, full product life cycle from new concept to development; Modeling, Analysis, prototype, testing, validation, DFMA, DOE, and FMEA. Product modification for cost-efficient design, hand calculation and FEA simulation. Excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills. Proficient in AutoCAD, SolidEdge, SolidWorks, NX, TeamCenter, ANSYS, EDAS, Matlab, Minitab & JMP, Lotus, MS office. Six Sigma Black Belt. Machine shop experience and use of analytical equipment.
• Executed new product introduction to market on budget with a successful functional prototypes.
• Initiated product redesign which improved life cycle, cost-efficient and fulfilled customer requirements.
• Investigated & resolved product failure (FEA, experiment & statistical analysis) to regain $900K sales.
• Promoted as a Cognizant Engineer for product requirements & specifications, ECR/ECN changes
• Designed & developed new product in collaboration with branch offices in China, Japan, and Mexico.
• Researched materials for ultrasonic application and manufacturing processes to meet design criteria.
• Optimized production process and quality performances for products built in two different locations.
• Delivered Development & Qualification test plans and data results ahead of schedule.
R&D Mechanical Engineer (Nov 2011-present)
EMERSON ELECTRIC (Branson Ultrasonics) Danbury, CT
(Ultrasonic Plastic and Metal Joining Machine Manufacturer): Advance Engineering Department
• Responsible for conducting leading-edge research on piezoelectric transducers (converters), and sonotrodes (horns) for ultrasonic plastic and metal welding application
• Design & development various ultrasonic transducers and acoustic Sonotrodes
• Modeling ,design optimization and coupled-filed structural, modal, harmonic, contact, piezoelectric and vibration Finite Element Analysis in ANSYS
• Solid Edge & SolidWorks 3D & 2D CAD modeling, GD&T, Stack-Up, BOM, TeamCenter
• Simulation & testing of Piezoelectric materials (PZT4/PZT8) for electrical and mechanical responses
• Lead new product actuator, fixture and tooling design, prototypes, Design of Experiment
• Structural integrity, thermal duty cycle, and fatigue testing; experiments by using Impedance Analyzer, Oscilloscope, Laser Vibrometer, and IR thermal camera
• Research on the study of ultrasonic tooling by Direct Laser Metals Sintering (DMLS) method
• Lead production process optimization, manufacturing support & ECR/ECN changes, apply Six Sigma
• Schedule Coordination, and define product issues with customers, FMEA, Time and Project Management, Ability to work independently and Teamwork.
Structures Engineer (Nov 2009-Nov 2011)
UNITED TECHNOLOGY (Hamilton Sundstrand) Windsor Locks, CT
(Advanced aerospace and Industrial products): Core Structures Group
• Prepared and reviewed test plans for sinusoidal / random Vibration, Shock/Impact, thermal, and Strain/Stress on Military & Commercial aircraft engine components (F135 & Turbofan engines)
• Validated Engine and Bench Test data for Development (DVT) and Qualification (QT) testing
• Analyzed structural vibration environments; hand calculation for Vibration, damping, dynamic stress-strain, FEA analysis using ANSYS, fixture design, instrumentation sketches, NX CAD & Team center
• Conducted resonance search and dwell, endurance cycling, and random vibration testing, and vibration fixture survey in cooperation with project engineers and technicians
• Designed Fixture, instrumentations sketches, NX Unigraphics 2D/3D CAD modeling, TeamCenter
• Data reduction using EDAS (Experimental Design and Analysis Software), analyze & data present
• Implemented test methods MIL-STD-810 and Airborne Equipment test Procedures RTCA/DO-160
• Systems and Components such as Engine Air System, Lubrication and Cooling System, Fuel Systems, Electrical Systems ,Electrical sensors and Actuators.
Test Engineer (Jan 2008-July 2009)
CUMMINS ENGINE Inc. Columbus, IN
(Diesel Engine Manufacturer): Product Assessment Group
• Prepared test plans for diesel engine components development testing
• Prepared test plans and executed testing for diesel engine components and systems development.
• Coordinated & executed engineering testing activities with development of engine components and systems
• Led test cell instrument fabrication, procurement, installation, and calibration.
• Designed & fabrication of systems to measure acceleration, frequency, pressure, stress-strain & temp
• Utilized software to write test scripts and conduct mechanical & electrical systems testing
• Led the system and component testing during Value Package Introduction (VPI) phases.
• Analyzed, interpreted, and reviewed test cell data to verify product meet technical profile requirement.
• Troubleshoot and resolved engine performance irregularities, FMEA.
• Prepared work instructions, technical reports, and teardown review at the end of test.
Internship and Teaching Assistant
Eli Lilly and Company, Indianapolis, IN: Process Engineer-Internship (May2007 –Aug 2007)
Howard University, Washington DC: Teaching Assistant (Sep 2005- Dec 2007)
MS in Mechanical Engineering, Howard University, and Washington DC (May 2008) Thesis on Investigation of Tribological Properties of Silver Nanocomposite Coatings, GPA 3.6
Licensure, Certification, and Skills
• Professional Engineer (PE) in Mechanical Engineering Design Dec. 2013, EIT certification
• ANSYS, Matlab, AutoCAD ,SolidEdge, Solidworks, Unigraphics (NX), TeamCenter, GD&T, Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, Minitab & JMP , MS Office
• Analytical equipment such as Electrophoretic Deposition coating (EPD), Atomic Force (AFM), Scanning- Electro-Microscope (SEM), Impedance Analyzer, Laser Vibrometer, Thermal camera and Oscilloscope.
Membership: Ultrasonic Industrial Association (UIA), American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
Experience BACK TO TOP
Job Title Company Experience
R&D Mechanical Engineer Emerson Electric (Branson Ultrasonics) – Present
Additional Info BACK TO TOP
Current Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Years of relevant work experience: 2+ to 5 Years
Date of Availability: Within one month
Work Status: US – I am authorized to work in this country for any employer.
Active Security Clearance: None
US Military Service:
Citizenship: US citizen
Target Job: Target Job Title: Mechanical Engineer
Target Company: Company Size:
Occupation: Engineering • Aeronautic/Avionic Engineering
• Mechanical Engineering
Biotech/R&D/Science • New Product R&D
Target Locations: Selected Locations: US
Willingness to travel: Up to 50% travel
Languages: Languages Proficiency Level
To contact this candidate email email@example.com