2555 95th Street, Apt 1911, Port Arthur, TX 77640 • (409) 926-6073 • firstname.lastname@example.org
To obtain the position of Instrument and Electrical Supervisor.
• I have supervised my whole career on and off starting in the military.
• I have years of experience working in the field with a much diversified background of instruments and electrical equipment. This includes valves, transmitters, flows, temperature, levels, control systems, analyzers and various other types of equipment from assorted manufacturers.
• I possess the knowledge and skills to coach and train personnel to accomplish the task at hand.
• I have the ability and knowhow to lead others and promote a can do attitude.
• I strive to build teamwork and positive moral amongst the workers.
• I have designed, built and installed numerous control systems.
• I have supervised up to 30 techs answering up to 100 plus people making requests of the Instrument Dept.
• Line out daily job assignments, arranged for parts to be on hand for all jobs.
• Handle all the day to day duties such as paper work from techs, maintaining work order status, updates, ordering parts, getting prints or information for techs and much more.
• Experienced with SAP and other maintenance programs on a daily basis. I also have a working knowledge of Word, Excel, Power Point and various other types of computer software.
• I have worked on the development of an equipment maintenance history which allowed equipment defects or problems to be identified. This also aided in establishing proper PM time frames.
• I worked directly with engineering and operations on current and future projects, system and equipment problems, updates and day to day matters.
• Have worked directly with manufacturer’s manuals, techs and engineers to troubleshoot and solve equipment and system problems.
• Worked with PLC’s, DCS’s, Analyzers, Pneumatic and electronic equipment.
• I have attended numerous schools for instrument and electrical equipment and safety.
• I have been a member of plant fire brigades and first responder medical teams.
• Impeccable safety record. I have never nor has anyone under me had a time loss accident or anything that required more than a band aid. I take Safety very seriously, and continually strive for perfection in workers Safety.
June, 2013 to Present International Paper Orange, TX
Responsible for the day to day operation of the Power and Utilities area I/E Shop
Supervising 10 plus I/E Technicians
Schedule all work assigned and assist in planning work orders
Keep track of all jobs, time and work orders.
Assist in planning all outages.
Assist project engineers with input on new projects
April 2012 to October 2012 Motiva (6 mos. contract Position) Port Arthur, TX
Major Maintenance I/E Supervisor
Oversee I/E contract work for Major Maintenance projects.
June 2008 to April 2012 Huntsman Corp. Port Neches, TX
Instrumentation Supervisor (MTL)
Responsible for the day to day operation of the Instrument shop.
Supervisor over 27 instrument technicians.
Plan Instrument jobs and order all parts for scheduled work, PM’s, and outages.
Provide support to over 100 individuals including MTL’s, OTL’s and Engineers.
May, 2000 to June, 2008 Dyno Nobel Corp. Cheyenne, WY
Instrumentation/Electrical / Lead A
Responsible for the day to day operation of the Instrument/Electrical Shop. Working supervisor including planning, scheduling, parts ordering and field work.
Responsible for all I/E technicians.
August,1996 to May, 2000 Mountain Cement Co. Laramie, WY
Assist shop supervisor, lining out and assisting the shop technicians
Work on all plant instrument and electrical equipment.
Aid in planning and scheduling all work and shutdowns.
August, 1989 to August, 1996 Bentonite Corp. Belle Fourche, SD
Lead Instrument/Electrical Technician
Responsible for all I/E maintenance in the plant.
Design and install new and upgraded systems
Responsible for all parts used by the I/E section of maintenance
September 1984 Community College of the Air Force
Associates of Applied Science Degree in Electronic Technologies
Others: Attended numerous schools including ISA, NFPA and manufacturer’s schools such as Fisher, G.E., Foxboro, Rosemount, ABB and others.