Mechanical Engineer I
166 Ventura Dr.
Lynchburg, Va 24502
Cell Phone: 434-258-2360
To acquire a position in Mechanical Design with the opportunity to make a strong contribution to organizational goals along with continued development of my professional skills.
Lincoln Technical Institute
Mechanical Design & Drafting
Associate Degree April 1998
Central Virginia Community College
Associate of Science – Ongoing
Prototype machinist – manual/CNCMechanically inclined
Manufacturing manuals and illustration’sTechnical Publications
Static’s and Strength of Material’sGT&D
Trouble shooting skillsAssembly drawings & details
Label and Screen Printing Design2-D schematic and cable drawings
Multitasking skillsAdvanced 3-D graphics
Advanced 3-D Solid ModelingWeld drawings and details
Pipe drawing and details Lean Manufacturing Skills
Electrical diagram drawingsECO Procedures
Technical Illustrating skillsISO Procedures and Guides
• Solidworks 99 – 2012 • Cadkey 98 – 19 • Auto Cad 13 – 2000
• IGraf-X Designer • Labview 2012 • Microsoft Office
• Oracle • Solid Edge ST4-ST7
• Laser Safety Officer
• IMDS (International Material Data System) Coordinator
• Solidworks Certified Professional – Core Solid Modeling Specialist CERT# C-H2PGW9QC43
• Solidworks Certified Professional – Advanced Sheet Metal Specialist CERT# C-GG54M8GCBX
• Solidworks Certified Professional – Advanced Weldments Specialist CERT# C-USM4796T8M
• Solidworks Certified Professional – Advanced Mold Tools Specialist CERT# C-ZZX8D3YP5M
• Solidworks Certified Professional – Advanced Surfacing Specialist CERT# C-XVV3LESCWU
Recommendations / References:
HIGHLIGHTS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Hofmann CorporationLynchburg, Va.July 12 – Present
Mechanical Engineer I
• Designed semi-manual to fully auto (robot) correction milling station for balancing turbo charger shafts used in the automotive engine industry.
• Designed custom clamping tooling in order to hold curved parts securely.
• Worked closely with EE’s to integrate dual signal safety components.
Schrader-BridgeportAltavista, Va.Apr 05 – June 12
Product Designer – Laser Safety Officer – Laser Technician – Prototype Machinist –
IMDS Coordinator – Lab Test Technician
• Tested and co-designed a hydrogen storage tank valve (working pressure 12.5k) that encompassed a solenoid, PRV, and a eutectic thermal relief devise for the GM/Opel Equinox SUV.
• Developed/Machined/Assembled/Tested – Fixtures for proof of concept to withstand up to
15k psi pneumatic / 60k psi hydraulic endurance testing.
• Machined prototype components on a 2 axis CNC mill and manual Lathe.
• Designed check valves, fill ports, and relief valves for fuel cell testing with zinc/KOH, and diesel vapor.
• Designed a multitude of one way, pressure relief, and pressure regulating valve’s for the automotive industry.
• Co-Designer of a hydraulic shifting solenoid on the Fiat, Panda car platform in Europe.
• Set-up laser weld schedules for welding spot, stitch, and hermetic welds per ISO standards to meet the customers end requirements.
• Set-up weld schedules for resistance welding in prototype and manufacturing processes.
• Maintained 4 – 25 watt laser etchers and 1 – 600 watt Nd:YAG laser welder.
• Used industrial diagnostic equipment (Spiricon BA500) for spatial and temporal imaging to examine and realign our laser beam profile.
• Designed and wound prototype solenoid coils on a single spool machine for testing.
Andrew CorporationWarren, NJNov 04 – Apr 05
Mechanical Designer II
• Worked with program managers to design solutions that would satisfy customer’s needs in the Telecommunication industry.
• Designs included outdoor cabinets and racking for custom booster/amplifier configurations, wire ways, and backup systems for the Telecommunication industry.
• Worked on air exchange and heat demands for cooling down communication equipment.
Southco IncConcordville, Pa.Mar 04 – Oct 04
Mechanical Drafter III
• Converted 2-D drawings into 3-D Part-stream for customers to download off their website.
• Reverse engineered older components and new acquisitions without documentation.
• Worked with captive hardware, industrial and magnetic door locks, and different tumbler mechanisms.
• Supplied the company with over 17,000 part files for customers to download in Part Stream.
Accu-Sort Systems Inc Telford, Pa.Feb 99 – Mar 04
Mechanical Designer I/ Drafter III – Machinist Assistant
• Managed new products from concept to manufacturing floor.
• Provided solutions for manufacturing problems to Manufacturing, Engineering, and Department Managers. (thinking outside the box solutions)
• Designed aluminum castings, sheet metal enclosures, adapter plates, and connector panels for new products.
• Worked closely with UL and CE officers to pass testing and certification.
• Designed labels, screen-printing and electrical schematics/diagrams.
• Worked on critical components in CCD/Laser bar code identification equipment, LED Illumination and Sodium bulb light sources.
• Designed a non-air exchange CPU enclosure with a heat pipe solution for temperature control.
• Trained summer interns in the use of SolidWorks and ANSI Y14.100 Drafting Standards.
Additional Info BACK TO TOP
Current Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Work Status: US – I am authorized to work in this country for any employer.
Target Job: Target Job Title: Mechanical Engineer
Target Company: Company Size:
• Mechanical Engineering
Target Locations: Selected Locations: US
To contact this candidate email email@example.com