Page 3 of 3
Todd Lynn 651-253-7318
26430 Golden Court
Wyoming, Minnesota 55092 Lynnsnorth@gmail.com
Plant Management, Production, Manufacturing Engineering
Experienced professional recognized for abilities to integrate improvement
throughout the organization. Solid manufacturing knowledge of assembling, coating,
fabricating, machining and welding processes of composite, metals and plastics.
Proven track record of improving processes, product quality and on time delivery.
Experienced in managing engineers, supervisors, purchasing, drafting and shop floor
Machining and Welding Operations
Stamping and Forming Operations
Union Management Experience
Computer literate in programs – Fanuc robot controls, Job Boss, MAPICS, Great
Plains, JDE, Shop Tech, 3DVia, Auto Cad 14, Microsoft Visio and Microsoft Office
Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Chandler Industries Incorporated Montevideo, Minnesota
• Responsible for 11 robotic cells performing load/unload and palletizing
• Internal Auditor for ISO 9001/AS9100/13485.
• Responsible for EDM drilling and Diamond polishing operations.
• Responsible for Supplier Development activities.
Advanced Manufacturing Engineer – Contract
• Developed Work Instruction using 3DVIA Illustrator for the new Joint Forces Light
• Processed BOM on JDE software systems.
• Modified Routings in ShopTech and Visio
Danotek Motion Technologies Canton, Michigan
• Managed the operations for a start-up Turbine Generator Manufacturer in the
production of high efficiency Permanent Magnet technology for transportation,
cogeneration and wind turbine industries.
• Developed production areas and capacity plans for three new product lines.
• Performed PFMEA review, DOE, and created SOP documentation.
• Responsible for Supplier Development activities for both processes and
Electric Machinery Minneapolis, Minnesota
• Managed the second shift operations consisting of an Engineer, CNC Programmer,
three Line Leaders and forty-four employees processing metals for manufacture of
large electric motors consisting of six departments.
• Departments included Welding, Machining, Stamping Presses, Winding, Assembly and
• Reduced indirect cost by thirty percent in the work areas by implementing lean
practices, during a period when the company was experiencing a doubling of sales.
• Responsible for the Coil Manufacturing Supplier Development.
• Developed process for Litz wire 9000 volt insulation system.
• Responsible for the Coil Manufacturing of hard coils and coil insulation.
• Managed project timeline for a three year $18 million Department of Naval
Research stator component.
Press Operator Part-Time Weekend
Rush City, Minnesota
• Operated injection molding presses from 25 to 1500 tons.
• Performed post process inspection, assembly and welding of plastic parts.
• Included components for automotive, appliance, medical and recreational
• Developed and implemented Preventative Maintenance Program.
• Responsible for facilities and storage silos including pneumatic handling system.
• Responsible for equipment and outside services vendor selection.
County Line Iron
Forest Lake, Minnesota
• Secured OEM contracts for fabricated components.
• Point of contact for new customers.
• Developed work instructions for cutting, forming, punching, drilling, welding and
• Maintained the production schedule for quality audits.
• Purchased all materials and services for production and maintenance.
Dresser-Rand Electric Machinery Minneapolis, Minnesota
• Championed a product development team to implement a 15% increased output for 4-
• Developed a coil insulating process reducing the manufacturing cost $400,000
• Created a controlled repeatable deep well Brazing process.
• Responsible for the Supplier Development Engineer activities.
Marathon Electric Wausau, Wisconsin
• Developed time standards for the motor manufacturing processes including Foundry,
Stamping, Machining, Assembly and Paint.
• Responsibilities included capital expenditure justifications and completions.
• Developed Lean Manufacturing assembly layouts. Eliminating 2/3 the material
handling labor and occupying 1/3 the space.
• Annually recognized for contributing $250K plus in the company Profit Improvement
• Responsible for work instructions and audited workstations for the implementation
and continuation of ISO 9000.
• Trained operators on the use of SPC and generated Quality evaluation reports for
Interim Plant Engineer
• Managed building maintenance, electrical distribution network, heating, lighting
• Managed second largest Superfund site in Wisconsin and filed all federal, state
and local required EPA/DNR forms.
Interim Department Supervisor
• Managed the generator assembly group consisting of 27 employees.
• Processes consisted of Metal Fabricating, Welding, Machining, Assembly, Test and
• Implemented changes using employee involvement groups to reduce defect costs by
over $100K annually.
Bachelor of Science Industrial Technology
University of Wisconsin-Stout Menomonie, Wisconsin
References are available upon request.
To contact this candidate email Lynnsnorth@gmail.com