Todd L. Orme
2911 Indian Hill Rd. SE
Cedar Rapids, IA. 52403
Education: University of Nebraska-Lincoln
Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering,
Experience: Product development, Program/product management, Systems engineering,
Engineering management, Manufacturing
Software: SAP, Doors, MS Project, DOS, Unix, Spice, Windows, Orcad, Dbases,
Timing Designer, PCB Designer, MASM,
Procomm, AutoCad, Solidworks, Lotus products,
Palism, Flowtherm, CIM logic
Hardware: PC’s, embedded systems, PLC’s, Servo systems, Real Time Systems, Graphical User interfaces, Digital Signal Processing, Microprocessors, Microcontrollers, PAL and GAL devices, digital filters, analog systems
Languages: C++, Ada, Visual Basic, Assembly, Fortran, Pascal
Industries: Aerospace, Defense, Pharmaceutical, OEM products, Commercial electronics
October 2004 to Present Rockwell Collins
Title: Program Manager
Description: Program Management of Government avionics
* Direct experience with major government PMOs and OEMs for both
domestic and International aeronautics programs
* Overall responsibility for assuring project execution within cost, schedule, and
budget constraints for multiple programs within the organization
* Experience leading multi-discipline development teams in excess of
100 engineers and $115M of NRE costs
* Experienced in program execution of Commercial and Government contracts
* Responsible for assuring proper and accurate staffing needs
* Responsible for meeting and exceeding customer expectations and communicating these expectations within the organization
* Responsible for providing bid packages for new developments and changes to existing products.
* Responsible for meeting annual sales and earnings as committed in the annual operating plan (AOP) for my portfolio
* Direct interface between Sales and Marketing, Pricing, Financial reporting,
Contracts, and Business development teams
March 2001 to Oct 2004 Emerson Electric
Title: Sr. Account Engineer
Description: Account manager – Electronics sales/marketing
* Responsible for driving new product development through multiple divisions
* Responsible for providing quotes and project schedules for new developments and changes to existing products
* Responsible for on-time delivery of product to customers from international
* Work with supplier quality engineers and buyers to assure the product meets
* Coordinate engineering activities between customer and Emerson
Sept 1999 to Feb 2001 Control System Integrators. Marion, Iowa
Title: Sr. Project Manager
Description: Engineering Department Manager
* Responsible for the management, scheduling, budgeting, and administrative
supervision of project managers, and engineering staff.
* Full responsibility for company P&L, S&A, billing/invoicing, and warranty
* Established an Executive Lead Team for maintaining focus on business development
* Established proven engineering methodologies, standards, and procedures for
engineering development and project execution
* Formalized project management and a project management reporting and tracking system
* Actively involved with Sales and Marketing(proposals, quoting, costing, forcasting, presentations)
Nov 1995 to Sept 1999 International Paper (Evergreen Packaging). Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Title: Manager – Controls and Software Engineering
Description: Group head for Electrical Controls and Software Engineering Design Team.
* Responsible for the management, scheduling, and administrative supervision of
electrical, software, and mechanical engineers in the design and development of
equipment and systems for International Paper’s Liquid Packaging Division
* Successfully staffed, organized, and maintained a professional high performance work team environment
* Provided design concepts during the development of an aseptic packaging machine resulting in several patent applications.
* Reduced project development time by 40% by optimizing development procedures, engineering tools, and standardization of design concepts
* Responsible for all electrical, computer, and software design engineering projects
and associated yearly budgets
* Responsible for all corporate regulatory compliance including validation, documentation, and testing of equipment produced by International Paper. This includes UL and cUL listings in addition to European Conformity (CE mark) for 14 product lines shipped world-wide
* Responsible for new product development and research in the areas of computer
hardware, software, and control systems
* Very familiar with structured programming environments, software configuration
management, software maintenance, software development, and software
* Member of the ISO9000 Quality Team and internal audit team
March 1993 to Nov 1995: Vector Corporation. Marion, Iowa
Title: Application Engineer
Description: Provided control systems hardware and software
design for Pharmaceutical process equipment.
* Provided design and network topology for integrated systems.
* Familiar with a structured programming environment/validated systems.
* Familiar with structured design methodologies(Functional requirements/Functional specifications)
* Actively involved with turnkey projects/project management.
* Group leader for in house Electrical Review Committee.
* Provide support for Software/hardware validation protocols.
* Actively involved with sales support and Sales presentations.
* Responsible for all UL listings and certifications.
* Lecturer for professional seminars/conferences
May 1982 to March 1993: Orme Electric Inc. Shenandoah, Iowa
Title: Electrical Engineer
Description: Senior Engineer supervising the design and installation of analog and digital systems.
* Designed hardware and software for an integrated process controller for a HVAC system using an Intel 80286 microprocessor.
* Designed a sequential logic controlled conveyer.
* Designed hardware and software for a high speed digital audio acquisition system, capable of simulating room acoustics.
* Conducted a thermal analysis for main feeder wiring in an enclosed environment.
* Conducted a local grounding seminar involving power systems and computing.
* Familiar with the National Electric Code.
* Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
* Instrument Society of America (ISA)
* National Fire Protection Agency (NFPA/NEC)
* Designing, building, and flying Experimental Aircraft
References: Available upon request
To contact this candidate email firstname.lastname@example.org