This resume has been forwarded to you at the request of Monster User xnerx03
pulled, lvm and email.
Todd Renna Last updated: 01/19/14
Job Title: no specified
Company: no specified
Rating: no specified
Screening score: no specified
Status: no specified
New Town, PA 18940
Quick View Links:
Resume Headline: Todd Renna – Senior Staff Engineer Resume Value: wiszk9ngvjpkq7py
201 N. Madison Avenue
Cherry Hill, NJ 08002
To obtain a Senior Staff Design Engineering position or Project/Program Management position involved with development of analog, power, digital or RF electronics.
• 27 years of experience in development of high-reliability spaceflight electronic products through entire life cycle including proposals, concept, design, material procurement, and hardware production and delivery
• Worked with diverse product types including a variety of power, analog, digital and RF hardware applications; designed for reliable operation in space including severe radiation environment such – Single Event Upset, Prompt Dose and Total Dose
• Ability to lead large cross-functional teams covering all phases of projects, up to $30M value
• Significant experience presenting at customer meetings – monthly status and design reviews
• Designed power supplies using most topologies (resonant and hard switched) and several motor drives
• Design skills include custom magnetics, analog circuits, filter and control circuit design, PC Board design
• Analysis skills include Worst Case Analysis, Parts Stress Analysis, Reliability and Thermal Analysis
• Experience with Engineering simulation, analysis and CAD tools such as Mathcad, Saber, ICAP, and Mentor Graphics
LOCKHEED MARTIN, SPACE SYSTEMS COMPANY, NEWTOWN PA
1986-present – Senior Staff Engineer
Project Management supporting a wide range of programs and products – successfully led multi-million dollar efforts to develop and produce hardware for the following programs:
• ORION Internal Power Supply – development of new, hot-redundant supply for Crew Vehicle Power and Data Unit; successfully met challenge to reduce size/weight by factor of two; led Engineering and Production team to deliver Engineering Units and Flight Units ahead of need – first boards delivered to Denver for box integration.
• DMSP (Defense Meteorological Satellite Program) Batteries – met all cost commitments and deliveries to Air Force customer
• MAVEN (Mars Atmosphere and Volatile EvolutioN), JUNO (mission to Jupiter) and InSight (Interior Exploration using Seismic Investigations; Mars Lander) High Efficiency Power Supplies; led team to upgrade a highly complex hot-redundant power supply; interfaced with customers directly to ensure success of this mission-critical product.
Design Engineering – Lead/Design Engineer for numerous new development projects:
• Digital Channelizer – led IRAD team to successfully qualify a novel digital payload processor for future program use; demonstrated new technologies including combination of RF, digital signal processing, power supplies, thermal design and high-density digital circuit packaging.
• Stirling Engine Controller – led team to design and produce hardware for Department of Energy and classified customer applications; adapted design concept for deep space missions. Developed control scheme to maximize available power from nuclear-powered engine to significantly reduce required plutonium fuel required for mission.
• Cryocooler Controller – led team to develop new generation of control electronics for NASA programs; significantly reduced complexity, size and cost as compared with earlier models. Demonstrated novel vibration reduction control scheme.
• RF Receiver Power Supply – significantly reduced size, weight and cost for new commercial communication satellite payload component power supply (A2100 program).
• Published papers on Cryocooler Controllers and Stirling Engine Controllers
• Patent regarding space radiation immune circuits and several company trade secrets
MSEE, DREXEL UNIVERSITY, PHILADELPHIA PA, 1990
• 3.9 GPA; Teaching Assistantship; Major focus in control system theory; thesis “Observer Design Methods for Estimating External Disturbances” successfully defended and published; Published several papers on novel adaptive control system
BSEET, TEMPLE UNIVERSITY, PHILADELPHIA PA, 1986
• Summa Cum Laude – 3.8 GPA; Jaqua Foundation Scholarship
Experience BACK TO TOP
Job Title Company Experience
Senior Staff Engineer Lockheed Martin – Present
Additional Info BACK TO TOP
Current Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Date of Availability: Within 2 weeks
Work Status: US – I am authorized to work in this country for any employer.
Active Security Clearance: None
US Military Service:
Citizenship: US citizen
Target Job: Target Job Title: Senior Staff Engineer
Desired Job Type: Employee
Desired Status: Full-Time
Target Company: Company Size:
• Electrical/Electronics Engineering
Target Locations: Selected Locations: US US-PA-Philadelphia
To contact this candidate email firstname.lastname@example.org