Tyler “J.T.” Fortenberry
Address: 15547 AL Hwy 75, Henagar AL, 35978
Phone: 256-996-9748 (CELL PHONE) Email: email@example.com
OBJECTIVE: To obtain an Engineering position in a Industry, where I can utilize my problem solving and customer
relation skills, with the opportunity for performance-based advancement in a creative environment.
(2015-2016) Sargent & Lundy LLC – Chattanooga, TN: Instrumentation & Controls Engineer
• Increased the success of multi-million dollar engineering projects, elevated customer satisfaction, and
provided solutions to prevent re-engineering and decrease total project cost.
• Consult with vendors for product research that exceeds the client expectations and improves the client’s budgets.
• Involved with System & Product Design Engineering in multi-discipline team environments that are a
synergistic integration of both electrical and mechanical engineering.
• Prepared and reviewed of complex calculations, design inputs, engineering drawings, and data analysis that
presented technical information in a clear manner and improved the functionality of Nuclear Power Plants.
(2015) TVA Sequoyah Nuclear Plant – Soddy Daisy, TN: Modification Planner/Field Engineer
• Contracted with Day & Zimmermann to increase the success of implantation of multi-million dollar
modification projects, reduce plant down time, and improve project schedules.
• Worked in team environments that assisted in diagnosing situations that required engineering tactics to design
solutions that drove project success in different areas of the plant.
• Researched and updated online data bases (BSL & MAXIMO) for project research and documentation.
• Deciphered CAD drawings, schematics, and documentation for different areas and components of the plant
which provided data input for successful project implantation; such as issuing drill permits.
(2011) TVA Sequoyah Nuclear Plant – Soddy Daisy, TN: Tool Room Clerk
• Contracted with Day & Zimmermann to assist TVA employees in acquiring the appropriate tools, maintained
inventory, inspected the conditions of tools & rigging equipment to reduce projects cost, increase safety of
work environment, and minimize plant down time.
(2013-Present) Co-Owner of Bethune Cattle Farm: Flat Rock, AL
(2012-2015) Co-Owner of B&T Landscaping and Lawn care services: Huntsville, AL
(2010-2013) Vector Marketing (Sales Representative for CutCo Cutlery): Gadsen, AL
(2007-2015) Bethune Poultry Farm: Flat Rock, AL
(2002-2015) A Big Ta Do Catering (Team Manager): Henagar, AL
(2002-2015) Cake Makers Catering: Chattanooga, TN
• Negotiate, coordinate and interact • 2D & 3D CAD modeling with • Gasoline & Diesel engine
with individuals of all levels AutoCAD, Solid Edge, and 3D knowledge
• Software Programming in C, C++, Builder software • Mechanical & Electrical mind
MATLAB, MathCad, Arduino, & Excel • 3D Printing – MakerBot • MAXIMO, BSL, Citrix databases
• Microsoft VISO Drawing software • Patran & Nastran FEA Modeling
(8/2012 – 12/2014) University of Alabama in Huntsville – Huntsville, AL (GPA: 3.57)
• B.S. in Mechanical Engineering. Coursework included: NASA’s GFSSP software – for flow analysis of Rocket
Engine Turbopump and Propulsion Systems, and Arduino Micro-Controller programming.
(8/2010 – 5/2012) Northeast Alabama Community College – Rainsville, AL (GPA: 4.0)
• A.S. in Pre-Engineering. Honors include: Summa Cum Laude, Presidents List, Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society
Eagle Scout (2010) of the Boy Scouts of America.
TOP 5% in Jackson County, AL – Scholastic Achievement Award by the Chamber of Commerce
National Young Leaders Conference (NYLC) 2010 participant
1 of 13 chosen to design and develop the U.S. Army S.M.D.C. “TUMBLER 1” satellite program – 2014
To contact this candidate email firstname.lastname@example.org