Master of Science with Merit in Product Design Engineering Glasgow School of Art 2014-September 2015
Bachelor of Science Magna Cum Laude in Mechanical Engineering University of North Dakota 2012-2014
Retrax Holdings LLC – Grand Forks, North Dakota Mechanical Drafting intern January – August 2014 Responsible for updating 2D and 3D CAD drawings of components and assemblies, producing reference prints, control drawings, and documentation for internal use and external suppliers. Assigned to solve shipping damage to product. Developed and evaluated concepts for retention bracket based on cost savings, stress analysis, prototype fabrication, and testing.
• Working with manufacturing technicians to document and improve production practices
• Using computer-aided design software to create detailed prints as well as drawings to aid production documentation
• Control and maintain documentation and drawing standards
• Working with engineering and purchasing departments to redesign shipping bracket
University of North Dakota – Grand Forks, North Dakota Research Assistant January – August 2013 Implemented design projects from concept to fabrication for the purpose of improving usability of wind tunnel testing equipment. Worked in small groups with graduate students on their dissertation projects doing data collection and analysis.
• Working independently to create fixtures to improve usability of equipment
• Working with other students to aid operation of wind tunnel
Fargo Flyers Youth Hockey Association – Fargo, North Dakota Head Coach October 2010 – March 2011
Responsible for motivating and developing a team consisting of 6th and 7th grade boys. Keeping players engaged while strengthening hockey ability as well as improving players’ moral character. Duties:
• Organized and ran on and off-ice training sessions
• Established and enforced team code of conduct
• Liaison with coaching staff, team manager, players’ parents, and association
Areas of Proficiency:
Iterative Design Process
PTC Creo Parametric & Creo Direct
VESTS (Volunteer Engineering Students) 2012-2014
First Lego League 2012-2014
A highly driven design engineer with a strong background in manufacturing and prototyping as well as comprehensive knowledge of taking a product through the design process from idea generation to fabrication. Background in sports and coaching provides good teamwork and leadership abilities. interested in a challenging position with a company that values hard work.
1333 Arlington Blvd
Davis, CA 95616
To contact this candidate email email@example.com