2026 Santiago St, Santa Ana, CA-92706
• Product design: understanding requirements, concept generation, 3D modeling, 3D printing, prototyping,
DFM, DFA, DFMEA, designing mechanisms, ergonomics, integrating electronics, manufacturing and material
• Analysis: thermal and fluid analysis, CFD,FEA, design parametric analysis, product testing and data analysis.
• Management: 4+ years of managing projects. Expertise include completing projects within time and budget,
handling multiple projects, coordinating with project team, multiple departments, vendors and with external
• University of Florida, Gainesville, FL Aug 2011 – Dec 2013
Master of Science, Mechanical Engineering, GPA: 3.92/4.00
• National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra, India June 2004 – June 2008
Bachelor of Technology, Mechanical Engineering, GPA: 9.07/10.00
CFD/CAE Software: Ansys Fluent, Ansys Icepak, Star CCM+, 6 Sigma, Ansys, Solidworks Flow.
CAD : Solidworks, Autocad, Catia V5. Planning: MS project.
Programming Languages: C, Matlab, EES Energy Modeling: Carrier HAP.
Mechanical Engineer: OK International Inc March 2014- Present
Industrial 3D printer
• Carried air flow analysis of build chamber at various extruder and build plate positions. Modified the
position of the fans and designed new inlet chamber for uniform flow and temperature.
• Performed the air flow analysis of the new extruder design
Uniform board heating
• Designed a system which can heat 12 boards (150mm x100 mm) uniformly with a deltat of 12F.
• Designed height detection and needle calibration system.
Development of Mixer technology: R&D
• Researched the physics of mixing fluids. Came up the multiple designs for static mixer element. Conducted
CFD simulations to find the best mixing design for different viscosity ratios and mass ratios. Optimized the
design for performance and tested it. Designed the dynamic mixer systems.
Semi- automated solder and glue removal machine optimization:
• Performed CFD simulations to predict temperature of the vacuum tube and chamber during solder removal.
• Optimized the flow path by making changes to design and improved the performance by 15%.
• Predicted and resolved the heating of laser module by simulations.
High precision digital Solder Feeder:
• Drove the product development- from alpha unit to the production. Coordinated with electrical and
software engineers for delivering the product. Reduced the cost of design of the existing parts. Designed an
ergonomic, integrated headpiece. Conducted DFMEA and developed test plans. Produced the manufacturing
drawings for production. Conducted experiments and performed data analysis to improve the performance
of the machine. Validated the product.
Tip heat analysis:
• Carried out soldering iron thermal analysis in order to find optimum placement of the temperature sensor.
• Designed 500 series tip from existing 600 series. Involved CFD simulations, experiments, material selection.
Data Center Mechanical Engineering Intern: Twitter Inc June 2013- Sept 2013
• Built 3D model of the existing data center. Performed CFD simulations and identified hotspots.
• Studied deployability of a custom server. Simulations were carried out to find out thermal ramifications and
possible solutions were suggested.
• Built a 3D model of the lab with IRC units and simulated the flow.
• Participated in space planning and data center design discussions for the new facilities.
Technologies used: 6Sigma Rack and Room (CFD), Audobon and loony (database and sql), Autocad.
2026 Santiago St, Santa Ana, CA-92706
Research Assistant: Applied Physics Research Lab- University of Florida Sept 2012- Aug 2013
Master’s Thesis: Tractor Trailer Aerodynamics
• Reviewed the technical literature. Empty wind tunnel simulations (CFD) were carried out to match test
section conditions and boundary layer profile.
• GTS simulations were carried out to find the best turbulence model in order to match the wake structure
behind the trailer with the experiment.
Technologies used: Ansys Fluent, Matlab, Tecplot.
Engineering Intern: GREC project (100 MW BiomassPlant ), Fagen Inc June 2012 – Aug 2012
• Designed small bore piping and added it to the existing 3D Model of the plant. Reviewed the existing P&IDs
in order to find interfaces for pipe routing and produced the isometric drawings.
Technologies used: Autocad, Cadworx, Microstation, Plantspace Design and Isogen
Assistant Manager: Reliance Infrastructure Limited, Noida, Delhi, India. Aug 2008 – June 2011
Was part of the team which successfully commissioned and operated 2x600MW Rajiv Gandhi Thermal Power
Station, Hisar, Haryana, India.
• Managed and executed multiples packages such as commissioning of Boiler and its Auxiliaries.
• Coordinated with clients, vendors, planning and other departments for executing the projects.
• Achieved various project milestones like Boiler Hydro test, Chemical Cleaning, First Boiler Light up, Steam
Blowing, Full Load Operation and Trial Run in record time.
• Operated and controlled various systems of Unit 2 of RGTPS via DCS. Handled emergencies and was
responsible for safe shutdown of systems.
• Tested various equipments such as Fans, Mills for their performance.
• Implemented quality control and process improvement in the projects.
• Imparted technical training to junior engineers and technicians.
• Reviewed package Design Basis Reports and Technical specifications from the vendors and proposed
ACTIVITIES / AWARDS
• Received SPOT awards at OK International Inc for performance.
• Ranked among Top 1% in All India Engineering Entrance Examination (AIEEE).
• Received Merit Scholarship from University of Florida.
• Obtained Bachelors degree and was amongst Top 2% in the department.