Lead .Net/Imaging Software Engineer
New York, NY
Programming Skills and Experience
• Developed and optimized multiple image processing implementations on both mobile device and PC for object recognition, pattern analysis, feature extraction and classification, morphology matching, 3D/2D image registration and segmentation, face recognition.
• Experience developing enterprise software applications and ETL programs.
Scopus IT – New York, NY July 2011 – Present
Lead .Net/Imaging Software Engineer(JointPoint, Inc.)
Developed automated bone implant recognition and other image recognition algorithms used in a class II medical device software application that provides intraoperative analysis and real-time biomechanical guidance to orthopedic surgeons performing hip replacements.
Technologies: Image Recognition, C#, Matlab, C++, SQL Server, Entity Framework.
• Prototyped a chain of auto image recognition algorithms using Matlab, provide a “proof of concept” for auto bone implant recognition from radiology images. Refined image using morphological operations, local edge enhancement, and contract enhancement. Recognized image object using image segmentation, shape feature modeling and template learning.
• Developed image recognitions algorithms used in a class II medical device software application that provides intraoperative analysis of hip replacement biomechanics.
• Designed and developed the industrial application based on algorithm prototype, provided solutions for image modeling, categorizing and performance optimization.
• Developed sub-procedures of shape recognition and matching for reducing manual error, optimizing the process and improving the user experience.
• Built database in SQL Server to store algorithm training data, use entity framework and XML for data storage and manipulation.
Participated in the development of templating software used in orthopedic surgery. (JointPoint, Inc.)
Technologies: Java C#, SQL Server, .Net Framework, Entity Framework, ASP.NET, MVC
• Build online scheduler in ASP.NET for orthopaedic surgery templating and scheduling software. Provided ability to create, delete and manipulate surgery case information.
Developed internal managing system services used by North American Power, CT.
Technologies: C#, Java, Web Services, SQL Server, MySQL, ASP.NET, MVC
• Developed web services layer which is used to automated process customer billing change request.
• Developed software to link systems with external energy companies to transmit bidirectional data.
• Developed understanding of energy market in order to design customer billing change rules.
• Maintained server for holding data change services.
Participate in the development of magazine delivery system for Mitchell’s, New York
Technologies: C#, SQL Server, .Net Framework Entity framework, WPF
• Delivered software solution that provides weekly updating of data to help user search, monitor and modify customer data.
• Built user-configurable data load system supporting different types file using XML.
• Created data partition strategy for separating active and history data in database for performance and maintenance concern. Configure SQL Server partition view for searching and modify data in Entity Framework.
• Give user the option for generate different kinds of reports regarding customer information and system preference.
• Build client side software using WPF MVVM to provide a platform for visualizing and controlling data flow and customer feedback.
• Maintained server.
Skirball Institute of Biomolecular Medicine, NYU – New York, NY January 2011 – December 2012 Research Assistant
Technologies: C++, Java , Matlab, 3D image recognition, ITK.
• Implemented a 3D image recognition and segmentation work flow of in vivo high frequency ultrasound of embryonic mouse brain ventricle datasets, using C++ and Matlab.
Video laboratory, Polytechnic Institute, NYU – New York, NY May 2010 – January 2011 Research Assistant
Technologies: C++, Matlab, 3D/2D image recognition, ITK.
• Implemented several projects in 3D image registration and pattern recognition. Participated in a group work to evaluate different methods used in human organ image segmentation and recognition.
• Built face recognition, finger recognition and several other auto-segmentation implementations to process a video player in real time.
Digital Processing laboratory, Xidian University – Xian, China July 2006 – January 2007 Research Assistant
Technologies: C/ C++, Digital Signal Processing, Assembly Language.
Participated on a team that developed control program for arrage multiple screens.
System and Methods for Intra-Operative Image Analysis, Co-inventor, U.S. Patent 14/630,300, filed 02/24/2015, Pending Patent.
Chinese – Fluent in written and spoken (Native language)
English – Proficient in written and spoken.
New York University Polytechnic Institute – New York, NY Complete: June 2011
Masters of Science Degree in electrical engineering
Dean’s List through entire academy period
Xidian University – Xi’an, Shaanxi, China Complete: June 2009
Bachelor of Science Degree in electrical engineering
University Scholarship through academy period
Brain ventricle of mouse embryo segmentation in ultrasound image
• Implemented a reference-based recognition work of multiple mouse embryos inside mother mouse.
Shape-based approach to medical image segmentation using level-set
• Assisted in the implementation of image registration-segmentation method using level-set function.
Human organ segmentation of CT image with image registration
• Applied registration method on CT images to automatically segment different organs.
Face detection using color centroid coordinate system
• Implemented a face detection method using a new color centroid coordinate system.