San Jose, CA
Research Assistant Electrical and Biomedical Department at University of Nevada, Reno
June 2011 to Present
• Multi-Sensors (optical,mechanic,electric) System Integration and Algorithm Implementation
• Physiological Signal Based Wearable Health Surveillance System
• Sensorized Actuator Systems
• Electrotactile Stimulation System for Virtual Reality
• Non-invasive Human Performance Sense,Assess and Modification System
• Biomimeitics Robots
Current working atï¼š
Bioinstrumentation and Automation Lab & Robotics and Biomimetics Lab
Electrical and Biomedical Department, University of Nevada, Reno
Major Research Projects:
• Optic-Mechanism 3D Micro/Nano Force Sensor
• Self-decoupled 6D Micro Force/Torque Sensor
• Brain-Driven Micro-Biomanipulation System with Sensing Feedback
• Music Base Force-Guided Micro-Biomanipulation System
• Low Cost Portable Radial Pulse Sensor
• Eletrical braille System
• Wearable Health Surveillance System
• Human Performance (fatigue) Monitoring
• Soft-bodied Robot
• Portable UAV
• Artificial Muscle
• Programming languages: Matlab, C, C++, Visual Basic, Java
• Application softwares: Matlab, SolidWork, ANSYS, Labview, Multisim, BCI2000, EEG Lab,AutoCAD, Maple, Minitab,
• Hardware design: Embeded systems based on DSP, 805x and various analog/digital circuit
design, Mechatronic system design, Raspberry Pi, Arduino
• Medical devices: EEG, ECG/EKG, EMG, BIA, PPG
• Data acquisition devices: National Instruments DAQ, Measurement Computing DAQ, dSPACE
• Data processing softwares: Matlab, SAS, SPSS
• Haptic devices: 6-DOF Phantom joystick and 3-DOF Microsoft joystick
• Micromanipulator systems: programming and operation of 3-DOF Sutter micromanipulator
• Microscope systems: Atomic Force Microscopy, Optical microscope
• Networking: TCP/IP & UDP client/server communication programming
• Text formatting and office computing: LaTeX, Microsoft office,
• Manufacturing systems: 3D printer, Laser Engraver, PCB processing machine
Teaching Assistant Electrical and Biomedical Department at University of Nevada, Reno Reno, NV
August 2012 to May 2014
Ph.D. Biomedical Engineering University of Nevada
M.S. Biomedical Engineering University of Nevada
August 2011 to May 2013
B.S. Electrical Engineering University of Nevada
August 2006 to May 2011
R&D, Hardware Design, Programming, Data Analysis, Sensor Calibration, Signal Processing, Circuit Design
Best Paper Award nomination of the 2014 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Biomimetics (IEEE ROBIO 2014)
1. Yudong Luo, Niu Sanku, Cordero Jose, Hongbin Deng and Yantao Shen, €œBioinspired non-invasive radial pulse sensor: from biomimetic design, system calibration to clinic applications,€� Journal of Robotics and Biomimetics.2014,1:19
2. Yudong Luo and Yantao Shen, €œMind-Controlled Micro-Biomanipulation with Position Sensing Feedback: System Integration and Validation,€� Proceedings of the 2012 IEEE International Conference on Multisensor Fusion and Information Integration, pp. 293-298, 2012.
3. Yudong Luo and Yantao Shen, €œBrain-Driven Micro-Biomanipulation with Sensing Feedbacks,€� Proceedings of the 10th World Congress on Intelligent Control and Automation, pp. 4517-4522, 2012.
4. Claire Shelton, Yudong Luo, and Yantao Shen, €œMeasurement and Analysis of Braille Stimulus to Brain Using an EEG: A Preliminary Study,€� The 2013 IEEE International Conference on Cyber Technology. PP.385-389, 2013.
5. Yudong Luo and Yantao Shen, €œMusical Tuning Enhanced In-Vitro Micro/Nano Palpation for Multi-Scale Biological Entities,€� The 2013 IEEE International Conference on Nanotechnology. PP.535-538, 2013.
6. Yudong Luo and Yantao Shen, €œEnhancing Measurement Accuracy of Position Sensitive Detector (PSD) Systems Using the Kalman Filter and Distortion Rectifying,€� The 2013 IEEE International Conference on Sensors. PP.1799-1802
7. Yudong Luo and Yantao Shen, €œDurable and Cost-effective 3-D Microforce Sensor for Musical Tuning Enhanced Micro Palpation of Biological Entities,€� The 2013 IEEE International Conference on Sensors. PP.928-931, 2013.
8. Yudong Luo, Niu Sanku, Cordero Jose and Yantao Shen, €œDevelopment of a biomimetic non-invasive radial pulse sensor:Design calibration,and applications,€� The 2014 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Biomimetics. PP.193-198, 2014.
9. Rahimi Mehdi, Yudong Luo, Harris F.C.,Dascalu S.M., Yantao Shen, €œImproving measurement accuracy of Position Sensitive Detector (PSD) for a new scanning PSD microscopy system,€� The 2014 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Biomimetics. PP.1685-1690, 2014.
10. Mohan, Nithya, Yudong Luo, and Yantao Shen. “Developing a self-powered and directly digitized piezoelectric micro sensor for monitoring blood pressure change inside brain aneurysm after endovascular treatment: A feasibility study.” Cyber Technology in Automation, Control, and Intelligent Systems (CYBER), 2015 IEEE International Conference on. IEEE, 2015.