Yunghsin “Sid” Liao
801 Spring Loop, Apt.707 • College Station, TX 77840 • 979-422-7954 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Summary of Skills
• Experienced in designing and implementing manufacturing process with machinists across Computer Numerical
Control Lathe through tooling principles and techniques including Pro/Engineer, specification, and performance test.
• Collaborated with supplier and subcontractor in product development through materials processing and back-end
processing to establish requirement in manufacturing process and to control quality, cost, and delivery date.
• Proficiency in process schedule through analyzing cost function, controlling risk, and applying VSM on simulated
model by VISIO, Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing.
MS, Engineering System Management, Texas A&M University, College Station, TX GPA: 3.25 May. 2016
• Optimized cooler production process by creating value stream mapping and implemented by Lean Manufacturing and
Six Sigma Methodology. The optimal results can reduce lead time, cycle time, and inventory.
• Designed automatic transportation system on customer requirement by applying the systems engineering development
process, FEMA, and analyzing use case model with project management principle.
• Designed health monitor system by creating as-is and to-be system, and simulated IDEF (DoDAF) model. The system
can detect the vital signs, blood impulse and glucose density for patients and medical personnel.
BS, Mechanical Engineering, Chang Gung University, Taoyuan City, Taiwan GPA: 3.34 June. 2012
• Designed new Acetabular Reinforcement Device and test process by improving the device/bone interface by CAD
Pro/Engineer, GD&T principle, and Tested stability by compression test and torsion test.
• Improved Expandable Pedicle Screws for biomechanical fixation in osteoporotic bone by CAD Pro/Engineer, GD&T
principle, and tested samples by pull-out strength and failure test.
Mechanical Engineer Internship, Chin Bone Technique Corporation, Taipei, Taiwan June 8 2015 – July 24 2015
• Support testing tool design by CAD Pro/Engineer, AutoCAD and GD&T principle, and bone screw samples
production as needed on customer requirement adjustment and test statement changing.
• Modified present documents and built SOP manufacturing process for certified ISO 9001 and 13485.
Mechanical Engineer, Wei Cheng Precision Machinery, Taipei, Taiwan June 3 2013 – July 25 2014
• Designed and developed manufacturing process of pneumatic components with technicians on Computer Numerical
Control Lathe and performance test. Successful launched new pneumatic cylinder of customer product with this
• Managed technicians to deal with customer requirements and troubleshooting through changing design, material, and
establishing measurement about engine valve. Improved 20% of average cycle time in manufacturing process and
decreased end product failure percentage less than 3%.
• Scheduled pneumatic components and engine valve manufacturing plans, including lead time of supplier, quality
agenda, and end product delivery time with customer requirements.
Skills and Certifications
• Software: Pro/Engineer (Creo), AutoCAD, Simio, IDEF
• Certification: Lean Manufacturing Green Belt, Six Sigma Green Belt
• Language: English (fluent), Mandarin Chinese (native), Taiwanese (native)
WORK AUTHORIZATION: Eligible to work in the U.S. for 36 months with OPT
To contact this candidate email email@example.com